Monday, November 26, 2007

Thing #2

"7 1/2 Habits"

1. Begin with the end in mind
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
3. View problems as challenges
4. Have confidence in yourself
5. Create your own learning toolbox
6. Use technology to your advantage
7. Teach & mentor others
7 1/2. Play

I thought this was an interesting tutorial. Most of the things discussed seem like common sense or second nature, but having them spelled out lets you actually examine your own behavior and learning style. I believe the hardest habits of the ones above for me would be: 3. Viewing problems as challenges (I tend to be pessimistic and give up easily), 4. Confidence (again, due to pessimism), and 7. Teaching others. I feel that the ability to instruct and communicate my ideas clearly are things that I particularly struggle with. I learn much better on my own. The easiest habits for me would be: 1. Have a goal in mind, 2. Be responsible for your own learning, 7. Use technology, and finally "Play." I find that "playing" or exploring/experimenting with something is best way to not only learn, but to reinforce past lessons.

No comments: